Charlemagne Stavanger

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heat Wave!!

For the past weeks there have been reports of record heat wave sweeping the nation, however I was pretty much oblivious to the fact until today. Boy, walking out of the AC today and the heat just blasted straight against me. I could literally feel the sweat coming out like mass flood. Technically its not even that bad today, 91 degrees, but as people say, its not the heat, its the humidity. I never imagine a place that is covered by several feet of snow during the winter could be so hot. Or perhaps I have become less tolerant to heat considering that Chicago, where I lived a year ago, experienced weeks of 100+ temperature.

I guess global warming has finally caught up with me. I'm not sure which is worse, the gruelsome heat or the aftermath in The Day After Tomorrow. An ice age later in the century or not, this condition is unbearable to be in. So for right now, I think I might take a dip in the pool :)

posted by Stavanger at 4:36 PM


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home