Charlemagne Stavanger

Friday, November 10, 2006

Unsolicited Adsense Email
Digg!
A few days ago, I received an unsolicited email from someone titled "Earning Money Through Google Adsense". This email was obviously targeted at me specifically as its not in my spam folder and I'm its only adressee, so I took some time and read it. After reading it, my eyebrow was all the way up in the sky.
Hello,
You receive this email because we have just visited your website/blog and we would like to invite you to join our fast making money program.

We have a huge number of members joining us since 2005 and each of them is making a good earning until now.So,what actually is the concept?It's easy,each of the member clicks on each other Google Adsense Advertisements once in a day.Now,you might be wondering that Google Adsense Team might find it out and they will ban your account instantly.But to tell you the fact,not only our accounts not getting banned,but on the contrary we are making almost $5000 monthly.

Certainly,we have our own clicking methods and it's almost impossible for Google to detect it.Well,before we tell you how it's done,we want you to consider first and then give us a favorable reply as soon as possible.Your reply is either yes or no.Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
AdsenseForumAdmin

I have to say, I was curious after reading this. Now, my Google Adsense earnings for my site Blogcrowds.com are so embarrassing, I won't even further elaborate; however I'm not interested in blackmarket scheme. If you offer me valuable returning visitors for my forum, that's another thing. But as I said before, I was curious, so, I read the email over and over and over again. In doing so I found many interesting things along with all the spelling mistakes (I won't say grammar as mine aren't perfect either) etc.


In Depth Analysis
Hello,
You receive this email because we have just visited your website/blog and we would like to invite you to join our fast making money program.

Yes, hum, I have been wondering how you got my email...It can't really be my site Blogcrowds since I added Adsense ages ago, but I just added Adsense to two of my blogs Custom Templates and this blog just days ago.
We have a huge number of members joining us since 2005 and each of them is making a good earning until now.So,what actually is the concept?It's easy,each of the member clicks on each other Google Adsense Advertisements once in a day.

Oh yes, the ultimate scheme
Now,you might be wondering that Google Adsense Team might find it out and they will ban your account instantly.But to tell you the fact,not only our accounts not getting banned,but on the contrary we are making almost $5000 monthly.

Yes I have been wondering about that, but I'm more puzzled at what you mean by 'on the contrary we are making almost $5000 monthly'. If 'we are' means collectively people participating in the scheme is almost making $5000 monthly, I have to say you guys aren't making alot. If I feel like doing math right now, I can try calculate how much each person makes a month if you guys have 100 members, 500 members and so on. But of course you have a huge number of members join since 2005 so I won't have to do the math.
Certainly,we have our own clicking methods and it's almost impossible for Google to detect it.

Oh man, even more conspiracy, I thought you mentioned your scheme before already.
Well,before we tell you how it's done,we want you to consider first and then give us a favorable reply as soon as possible.Your reply is either yes or no.

Why do I feel I'm conned into something? Yes or No huh? So no more details...aw that's too bad.
Thank you.

Thany you as well, but no thanks.


After reading the email over and over again, I was still not satisfied. The email was signed AdsenseForumAdmin and I varied many search terms in Google but came up with nothing. The closest is AdsenseForum.com which is a domain owned by NamesPro.com for their Google Adsense sub forum. I guess this is either a covert email operation or the domain has a low pagerank which is good for remaining obscure.

Entry also mirrored here.

Labels: , ,

posted by Stavanger at 7:05 PM