Charlemagne Stavanger

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Threadless

The internet opens up many opportunities for brilliant ideas and ventures.
Whoever thought you would find a friend via a cold electronic machine? or
Electronic sticky notes? The basic idea behind Threadless is members can
submit their t-shirt designs and after votes, ratings etc Threadless will
choose a dozen every month to print! There are prizes and other incentives
to submit a t-shirt design, however having people buying your t-shirts is
just way cool.

Threadless is actually the very first t-shirt design community, there are
many spinoff from this idea and not just t-shirts either; NakedAndAngry is a
tie design spinoff, but I fine tie patterns limiting compare to the
possibilty of t-shirt designs.



Anyways today I just submitted my third design to Fast Food Nation Loves
Threadless competition. Threadless has three or four additional competition
around a central theme in additional to the ongoing general competition.



The theme of Fast Food Nation Loves Threadless is "Where Are You On The Fast
Food Chain?", but I think this is extremely hard to express and the result
may not be suitable for a t-shirt. So, as you can see, I went with "Fast
Food Nation". What other nation in the world can claim the title other than
the United States? Show your patriotism! Now if only I have some extra
colors (Threadless only allows five) I will change the hamburger box into an
actually hamburger...

For Fast Food Nation I have another idea of French Fries spelling out the
words American Fries with maybe a French Fry who has French mustache running
away. The competition ends on the 15th, otherwise I surely would have submit
this design as well. These design requires so much detail and time (which is
the reason I only enter the Loves competition thus far so I don't have to
think up my own theme) anyone interested can submit the idea as long as they
send me a shirt if it goes to print...o wait, I'm not sure I would wear that
:D

Here are some other awesome entries to Fast Food Nation Loves Threadless









Here are some awesome winning design which you can purchase



Labels: , ,

posted by Stavanger at 5:02 PM


4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home