Charlemagne Stavanger

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Futuristic Dates

With most book I read, the time is always set somewhere in the future and most of the time the precise dates given to the reader each chapter. When I finished Hammered by Elizabeth Bear, which is a pretty good cyberpunk by the way, it just occurred to me to check up if September 14, 2062 actually falls on a Thursday. So, I pulled out my calendar, and quite easily scrolled down to the year 2062 and sure enough, the 14th of September is a Thursday. I guess only amateur authors like me, if I were to right a book, would ever date their book Sunday February 31, 2106 :D.

Well next time I come to a book that takes place thousands of year in future and the author actually give me a date, I'll spend some time and do the math if my calendar doesn't go that far.

Labels:

posted by Stavanger at 12:49 PM


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home