Charlemagne Stavanger

Monday, August 14, 2006

Never Go Swimming On A Cloudy Day!!!
I have been very busy lately and haven't got a chance to take a dip in the pool for a long time. So today, I decided to do so despite the lukewarm weather. I thought it was gonna be alright since I swam before when it was couple of degrees lower than today and the water was pretty warm...... but what I didn't realize was the sun was shining that day. A difference of few degrees in the air does not matter much to the temperature in the water. However, if the sun is shining on it, the difference maybe drastic.

I should ahve known its too cold right after I went down to the pool. Around this time the pool is usually pretty busy, but today, those who I call the sun-soakers have either went home or sat under the terrace. They traded swim suits and bikinis for t-shirts and tanktops. I saw one life guard sitting in a lounge chair with a couple of other people and the other saw me and came to his post.

"Don't worry, Dmetri, I won't drown on you, promise." I joked and dived into the pool. Once in the water, how cold it was hit me like a brick wall. As I did my laps, I felt so much like one of those bolar bear people who swims in frozen lakes in the middle of the winer. And it wasn't that much different either. When you stand in the shallow parts of the pool the breeze feels like midwinter snow blast. I logged some twenty laps until raindrops start to come down and the lifeguards begin to lockup.

Upstairs in the bathroom, I started to chain sneeze in a scorching shower. Damnit...this maybe my very last entry...tommorrow, I might die of hypothermia...

posted by Stavanger at 5:47 PM


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home