Charlemagne Stavanger

Sunday, November 12, 2006


MacBook Pricing
Digg!
They used to say Windows 90% of the computer market, however now with Intel Macs, iPods becoming more and more popular, the percentage should have changed a bit. I don't know exactly how much, but by the number of times Macs appear in my day, I would say 50% of all computer are Macs now. I know that's an exaggeration of exaggerations, and I'm gonna be seriously flamed if I don't explain myself. The more modest guess would probably somewhere an increase around 3% to 5%, but the thing is, the sleek titanium Mac with glowing Apple insignia appears everywhere: in hands of random guys sitting on a bench in the park somewhere, in the hands of Rudolph Murdoch in Fortune, on TV, ads, commercials, random photo of an operating room in a science magazine...


Anyway, back on track, the fact there is a black and white MacBook, commonly advertised as 'The World's Newest Power Couples", shouldn't be news for you or me. What is news for me as I checked out the Apple Online Store is that the black MacBook is $200 more expensive than the white MacBook with the exact same hardware configuration except for a 40 gig larger hard drive. When do you start getting charged $200 extra for a different color of the same thing? All the different colored Nanos and iPods are priced equally. Of course, it might be the larger hard drive and if in 2006 not 1996 hard drives come at 5/gig then you might as well upgrade to a MacBook Pro for the better spec.

I'm not an expert on metal works, so forgive me for asking me this: Should I start stenciling "Comes with 40 gigabit larger hard drive at $5 per gigabit" on MacBook ads and upload the video somewhere just like that guy did with the iPod batteries having ridiculously short life span?

Labels: , ,

posted by Stavanger at 12:29 PM


1 Comments:

  • This was a non-issue in May when the Macbooks were released.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home