Charlemagne Stavanger

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Trash Clash

For those of us living at the top of highrises, we are familiar with ow we take out the trash. Usually, tehre is a chute on the side of a wall with a hinge, but every one is unique, so let me describe ours.

In my building, the gabage chute is right next to the elevator, probably the most visited spot on the floor. But to conceal it, there is a tiny room with a door. So when you take out the garbage, you close the door behind you and step into a place perfect for claustrophobia with sticky floors, but otherwise very clean and bright lit room. Then you send the trash down the chute that is perfect for spies like Sydney Bristol to spy through since its like the only two square feet that's open in the entire building. At the bottom of the chute is probably a huge paper shredder like machine that chews up all the trash.

Now you have an idea of how I take out the trash, lets start my story. It was a normal day, I stepped into the claustrophobic room and open the hinge, prepared to say farewell to my trash when a torrent of someone else's trash flew right out. It must came from at least five floors above judging from my whole armful of garbage, at least half a dozen crushed beer cans, leftover pizza, chinese takeout, paper towel and other stuff I don't recognize. From teh beer can & pizza I can tell its the drunk several floors above who doesn't recycle. Promptly, his voice was carried down the chute, he must ahve heard the noise in the echoy small room. "You 'lright man?"

"Just a bit of trash man, I'm good."

"You wanna come up for a drink?" %#$#^...jeez, why can it be the girl upstairs? "No, don't drink man, thanks anyways and gotta take a shower first.

"Yeah, you do that and if you feel like coming up, do so, always welcome." He closed the door with a bang and left. Well, that's that. From this I learned to open what I now call the "trapdoor" with caution because when open it creates a perfet ledge for other people's trash to fly throught and of course, I'll add this to my list of pranks.....muwhahah ;)

posted by Stavanger at 3:26 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home